Faculty Development Program on Disruptions in Finance: The Upside Potential
CMS Business School, Jain (Deemed-to-be University) conducted a one day on Faculty Development Program on “Disruptions in Finance: The Upside Potential” on 16 February 2019. Academicians and Research Scholars, Entrepreneurs attended the workshop. The speakers of the session were Mr. Suresh K H, Former Director Technology, HMT, Mr. Karan Kapadia, CEO & Co-Founder Phundo Fintech India Pvt Limited, Ms. Bhavya, Practicing Chartered Accountant, Mr. Harish Manager, Data Science, Infosys Limited.
The main objectives of the event were:
- To facilitate the delegates about the emerging trends in finance
- To bring out the experiences of industry experts in dealing with disruptions in finance
- To appreciate the upside potential of disruption
- To know the fintech applications and solution
- To understand the role of IoT in BFSI sector
- To deliberate on GST disruption
Ms. Bhavya gave away a keynote address on the topic of disruptions in Finance and spoke about the positives of the disruptions. Mr. Harish spoke about blockchain technology as an enabler for many challenges in business. Mr. Suresh spoke about 3D printing and additive technology. Mr. Karan Kapadia dealt on fintech solutions.
Dr. B R Rao, Professor and Area Chair Finance moderated the panel discussion and the panel discussed at length the role of fintech, the blockchain, digitization, IoT, GST disruption etc in the present day context.