Faculty Development Program on “Upskill or Perish” - Redefining HRM Competencies in the context of Artificial Intelligence
CMS Business School, Jain (Deemed-to-be University) organized faculty development program on “Upskill or Perish” - Redefining HRM Competencies in the context of Artificial Intelligence on 16 February 2019.
Around 120 participants representing a heterogeneous crowd of academicians from different Business schools, Industry delegates from HR departments of companies and MBA students attended the program.
Leading corporates are increasing their presence by adopting Artificial Intelligence (AI) to better their technological capabilities and essentially change the way businesses are run. It also has radically changed the pattern of consumption. Artificial intelligence enables recruitment tools to scan social media and other sources of information, shortlisting candidates from thousands of resumes, by matching candidate profiles with organizational requirements, conduct and assess pre-employment tests, and develop and assess the candidate’s profile. AI facilitates in performing tasks in a more focused and efficient manner. The Faculty Development Program in the HR area aims at understanding the impact of a sudden surge of AI-based functionalities in the HR area.
The main objective of the program is to enrich the delegates understanding of Artificial Intelligence in HRM and multiple functionalities of HR where AI can be effectively implemented. It also provides a forum to exchange views, ideas and innovations on how to successfully embrace the concept of AI in HR chores.
The FDP included a plenary session with two keynote speeches followed by a panel discussion consisting of 4 panelists and a moderator.
- Mr. Vardaraj A V, COO & Engineering Lead, Intelligent Asset Management, SAP Labs India gave a brief explanation on “Will Artificial Intelligence replace low-skilled & repetitive jobs that do not require emotional capabilities and creativity?”
- Mr. Manoj Kumar, Ex-HSBC Head of HR Analytics Founding Partner, Workplaceif gave a brief explanation on “How AI can boost Human resource functions for making HR department a business partner and Employee champion?”
- Ms. Latha Srinivas, Vice President, HR Anexi discussed on the theme “Artificial Intelligence as a Game Changer in Recruiting and Hiring”.
- Mr. Ajay Gachhi, Principal Director at Accenture Strategy - HR Strategy & Transformation discussed on the theme “Artificial Intelligence - A boon or bane for the HR department of Indian corporates / Will Artificial Intelligence Create or destroy HR Jobs?”
- Mr. Amith Prakash, Lead -Organization Culture & Capability (HCL technologies Ltd) discussed on the theme “How Artificial Intelligence can help redesign a richer employee experience”
- Ms. Reema Jacob, HR Training and Academia discussed on the theme “Relevance on AI for Gen Z”