MBA (Aviation Business Management)
CMS B School offers a course in MBA (Aviation Business Management).
Aviation Business Scenario
With a vision of becoming the third largest aviation market by 2020 and the largest by 2030, the Indian civil aviation industry is on an upward projectile. The huge potential of the Indian aviation market is attracting investors from all over the world and with the projection of government agencies that at least 500 airports would be required in India by 2020. It is great news for Aviation Business Management students. The demand for competent and trained professionals in this sector is bound to grow and this creates tremendous opportunities for aspiring candidates / managers to reshape the industry and become the aviators of change.
About the Program
MBA in Aviation Business Management) is an innovative and tailor-made program with great potential for employment in airport, airlines (India and overseas) and regulatory bodies. The program covers fundamentals of General Management, specialization in Aviation Business and additional specialization in International Business / Finance / Marketing. The students will do project work in supporting organizations and emphasize will be on the application of modern management concepts, methods and tools on the challenges of aviation and general business.
- MBA (Aviation Business Management) lays special emphasis on the aviation sector
- Designed innovatively to provide leadership skills and enable critical, creative and analytical thinking; it bestows a spirit of professional excellence
- Curriculum conceived through extensive research, interaction and consultation with aircraft industries, aerospace R& centers, airlines, airports and academic institutions
- Program is spread over four semesters
- The first and second semesters will be common with the other management programs
- Electives lead to specialization in Aviation Business Management covering airport and airline management subjects
- Students can opt for additional specialization in International Business
- Project work during second year in association with industrial partners
- Structured to include classroom inputs, seminars, case studies, industrial visits, internships, etc.
India has a population of 99.5% still having no access to aviation; it is a massive pool of untapped potential to investors from within and without the country. This dynamic and ever evolving market is likely to create a plethora of opportunities to job aspirants in industries like
- Aerospace regulatory authorities
- National and International Airports
- National and International Airlines
- Air cargo operators
- Aviation Fuel Companies
- Allied Aviation service providers